Senior Unity Engineer
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, July 27, 2022
We are an early-stage game development company behind the free-to-play massively-multiplayer online sandbox survival game Castaways. Our sole purpose is to explore and develop groundbreaking ideas that seamlessly merge the worlds of social apps and gaming, redefining the very fabric of interactive entertainment.
We invest in people who have surmounted many obstacles yet remain steadfast with an unwavering determination to cultivate the remarkable and enduring.
You would be a great fit at Branch if you are a detail-oriented subject matter expert in your domain and enjoy working with small teams to build and ship quality games on a rapid timeline.
As a Senior Unity Engineer, you’ll play a massive role in building out Castaways - our instantly playable mass multiplayer voxel-based game. You’ll be responsible for designing and implementing significant game components such as the multiplayer world, character control, and other potential systems. You'll drive projects and initiatives and mentor and coach junior engineers on the team.
- Rapidly iterate on game mechanics and features to build an evolving community-driven game
- Create sticky mechanics of the Branch game to increase virality and retention
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the game
- Design and implement a generic game implementation that works across platforms for mobile, desktop, and web
- Build POC’s to understand new tools, techniques, and process; document and demonstrate steps to adopt
- Act as a subject matter expert to guide formal design review processes for mission-critical components of the game
- Become a resident expert of the Branch backend technical stack and guide new engineers in the agile game development process
- 3+ years of experience building games in a game engine such as Unity or Unreal
- The capacity to thrive in an ever-changing, quick-to-deliver environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience testing, automating, and instrumenting your code
- Experience building high-production value 3d multiplayer games
- Proven track record of having shipped high-production value games at indie or AAA game studios
- Knowledge of how to profile, analyze, and improve performance, from low-level limitations to high-level architectural decisions
- Deep graphics programming knowledge and experience writing shaders
We invite you to join our passionate team, where your expertise will make a lasting impact on our game's success. Be part of our exciting journey as we create captivating experiences for millions of players worldwide. Together, let's shape the future of gaming and build something truly extraordinary.
1. Work remotely or on site.
2. Platinum tier health, dental, and vision insurance 100% paid for by us for you and your dependents.
3. Unlimited paid time off and sick leave policies.
4. 401(k) with employer matching.
Branch is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Branch considers qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. Branch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation made due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.