Security Engineer (Blockchain)
Posted on Saturday, November 19, 2022
At Matter Labs, we believe freedom drives progress and prosperity. We don’t see ourselves as a company, but as a team aligned around a single mission: to advance personal freedom for all (see ZK Credo).
To achieve this goal, we’re building zkSync — a credibly neutral, fully open source technology stack and network on top of Ethereum, which is owned and governed by its community. We use advanced cryptography called zero-knowledge proofs to scale Ethereum infinitely without compromising on security or decentralization. With a world-class team, a community of over 1M supporters across Twitter + Discord, and hundreds of millions $ in funding, we have abundant resources to accomplish the mission.
We are looking for a highly motivated person who will help to secure our Layer 2 scaling protocol. You will be working closely with our Engineers starting with early stage of the feature design through the development life cycle and till the production deployment ensuring the highest security standards are applied at each step. A substantial part of the job is to play with our code “in the wild” to test the implementation in exceptional cases.
What You'll Be Doing
- Improve the security of our smart contracts through audits, testing, formal verification, etc
- Set and maintain good security and engineering processes
- Mentor others on the team about security and share your knowledge.
What We Look For in You
- Driven by passion, curiosity, and desire to make a meaningful contribution to the world
- Have strong security fundamentals knowledge
- Have experience in securing smart contracts threat analysis, hacking, penetration testing, intrusion detection, logging, malware analysis, or forensics
- Fluency in Rust, C++, Golang, or similar languages - we work primarily with Rust, but prior experience with this language is not mandatory
- Have deep knowledge and passion for crypto applications and Ethereum
- Experience with discovering vulnerabilities at the design/system level
- Proven ability to communicate across roles to drive a security mindset across the company
- Understanding Solidity and smart contract best-practices is a plus
- Fluent written and spoken English
Working at Matter Labs
At Matter Labs, you have the freedom to work how you want, when you want, and from where you want. All positions are 100% remote (with optional travel to team and/or industry events). We operate in lean and nimble teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. We move fast. Only results matter. We will provide you with everything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
Our results-only environment means anyone who believes in our mission can join us, regardless of background, sexual orientation, race, gender, and age. Both our team and community are made up of people from diverse backgrounds. That's why, out of politeness and respect, we refrain from opinions on politics, religion, or sex at the workplace.
We designed our culture around the tenants of freedom and ownership. This ethos will underpin our positive-sum community as we evolve toward full decentralization.
If this role resonates with you, apply now for prompt feedback.
Read more about working at Matter Labs here.
Important: We are remote-first, operating in the timezones between UTC-5 (Latam and Atlantic Coast) to UTC+7 (South-East Asia). While we’re currently not hiring in the US, we do consider US-based applicants willing to relocate.