Head of Marketing
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
At Matter Labs, we believe freedom drives progress and prosperity. We don’t see ourselves as a company, but as a team aligned around a single mission: to advance personal freedom for all (see ZK Credo).
To achieve this goal, we’re building zkSync — a credibly neutral, fully open source technology stack and network on top of Ethereum, which is owned and governed by its community. We use advanced cryptography called zero-knowledge proofs to scale Ethereum infinitely without compromising on security or decentralization. With a world-class team, a community of over 1M supporters across Twitter + Discord, and hundreds of millions $ in funding, we have abundant resources to accomplish the mission.
We are looking for an exceptional marketing leader with an entrepreneurial mindset and high levels of energy and enthusiasm. Your mission is to shape our marketing organization to be the most efficient, creative, and values-aligned marketing team in crypto. We want you to relentlessly push our narrative into the ecosystem to establish zkSync as the #1 L2 protocol for crypto-native builders.
What You'll Be Doing
- Develop, implement, and monitor the Matter Labs marketing strategy.
- Build and enable an A+ team. Manage our world class marketing team and attract the best talent.
- Instil an execution- and data-driven culture.
- Accelerate builder love and adoption.
Tell a cohesive and consistent story of our unique positioning across channels (social, product marketing, events, and brand marketing). Coach CEO and the leadership team to craft our unique messaging.
Execute the new brand and website launch.
Ensure zkSync stands for innovation and thought leadership and shapes crypto discourse.
Rally influencers and the community: Key Matter Labs employees as well as non-affiliated people are omnipresent and dominating discussions on X and other crypto-media.
Build a cohesive and independently functioning unit that succeeds with little guidance, while maintaining creativity, boldness, and mission adherence.
Selectively hire missing talent to complement the team and work with agencies where needed. Together with our people team, build a strong employer brand for passionate technologists (devs, cryptographers, researchers).
Build out the tools and processes around execution, accountability, and data analytics to serve as blueprint for the entire organisation.
Live dashboards tracking KPIs are implemented and accessible to the entire organization.A/B testing of messaging and narratives across channels is built and used.
Make zkSync the standard choice for the best builders in the space by exciting them with our vision and tech.
What We Look For in You
- Marketing Leadership: A strong marketing leader with an entrepreneurial mindset, high levels of energy and enthusiasm. Demonstrated experience in managing a successful marketing organisation of 10+, for a globally used and recognised technology
- Culturally aligned execution wizard: High integrity, high accountability, lack of ego, results-driven, rapid learner with an iterative mindset
- Crypto-native: Experience in Crypto/Web3 with an understanding of its nuances
- Cross-Functional Marketing: Experience creating cross-marketing strategies with actionable items and outcomes, clear communication, and organized timelines
- Analytical: Experience in building a data-driven culture in a marketing organization. Ability to draw actionable insights from information
Nice to Have
- Product Marketing - Technical: Experience marketing and launching products to developers. Ability to speak their language and adopt their mindset
- Brand wizard: Built a brand and narrative that excites and is differentiated, ideally for a developer audience
- Vision: A visionary who thinks strategically and creatively. Intuitively senses where the space is heading and proactively positions the brand favourably, while remaining true to its values
Working at Matter Labs
At Matter Labs, you have the freedom to work how you want, when you want, and from where you want. All positions are 100% remote (with optional travel to team and/or industry events). We operate in lean and nimble teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. We move fast. Only results matter. We will provide you with everything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
Our results-only environment means anyone who believes in our mission can join us, regardless of background, sexual orientation, race, gender, and age. Both our team and community are made up of people from diverse backgrounds. That's why, out of politeness and respect, we refrain from opinions on politics, religion, or sex at the workplace.
We designed our culture around the tenants of freedom and ownership. This ethos will underpin our positive-sum community as we evolve toward full decentralization.
If this role resonates with you, apply now for prompt feedback.
Read more about working at Matter Labs here.
Important: We are remote-first, operating in the timezones between UTC-5 (Latam and Atlantic Coast) to UTC+7 (South-East Asia).
To all recruitment agencies: Matter Labs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Matter Labs employees, or any other organisation location. Matter Labs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Read our full policy here.