Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
As an Executive Editor, you will be at the helm of our editorial department, overseeing the strategic direction and day-to-day operations of our content creation. This role requires a seasoned editorial professional with a keen understanding of industry trends, a passion for storytelling, and the ability to lead a dynamic team of writers and editors. The Executive Editor plays a pivotal role in shaping our brand's voice, maintaining editorial quality, and driving content innovation.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain and coordinate day-to-day editorial calendar, workflow and operations
- Writing, building, editing and publishing multiple digital editorial posts per day
- Building and managing freelance contributor network
- Overseeing assignments and scheduling for all writers and contributors
- Developing and implementing editorial strategy, connecting dots across departments
- Helping execute editorial strategy, connect dots across departments and coverage
- Pitching content ideas and copy creation for lists, franchises, tent poles and campaigns
- Reviewing copy for social media, podcast and video channels as needed
- Following best practices for SEO and social optimization
- Daily review of social content calendar to approve copy and real-time review of timely news posts and headlines
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in writing and editing
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Journalism
- Fluent in Wordpress and web optimization, etc.
- Knowledgeable in AP StyleStrong writing/journalistic/fact-checking abilities
- Highly organized, driven and comfortable turning out a great deal of work
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments and prioritize deadlines
About now Media
nft now is the leading web3 digital media platform for NFT coverage, curation and analysis. We're on the brink of a seismic shift in how creators and their communities engage, and our mission is to empower the creators of culture by amplifying the stories and perspectives spearheading this movement.
nft now is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.